Sunday, October 30, 2016

Mosaic tiles through the golden mean

In one of my previous attempts on this blog I had compared the Fibonacci with the Paisley. Last week I was in Gujarat to review the work happening on one of the residential projects that I am handling on behalf of the Delhi based Architectural firm I work with, K2INDIA. It's a renovation project that we are doing where in we are expanding the first residential property designed by Ar.Charles Correa in India. A very interesting and amalgamated play of levels, heights and angles indeed! At one of the levels I was glued to what a woman was busy doing. A very evident contributor to the art of mosaic laying that was started in the age of Mesopotamian civilization, this young woman was collecting little pieces of tiles by breaking big solid pieces of tiles. What interests me is the pattern she was following while breaking. Did someone just brief her on the golden mean??? Don't forget to adore the baby in deep sleep while his mauma is busy contributing to this form of Art ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment